We need your help!
We’re always looking for volunteers. This is a high-energy, fast-paced, friendly environment where the time will fly. If you see something that interests you, please contact us and we’ll discuss what you want to do. Training is required as we strive to provide a high-quality, consistent shopping environment for our customers.
Ready to Volunteer?
Log in here
In-store Job Volunteering
- In-store Furniture Mover: Assist customers and donors with loading/unloading their vehicles. Move inventory. Needed every day that the store is open.
- Store Assistant: Act as a personal shopper for clients. Handle incoming donations. Check clients in. Pack client home goods.
- Sorter: Process incoming donations. Sort donated linens and home goods. Test and clean small appliances.
- Furniture Cleaning: Clean furniture before it gets handed out.
- Furniture Repair: Perform high-quality repairs on furniture that needs a little help.
- Translators: Assist customers with translation issues. Our major needs are Spanish and Portuguese.
Other Job Volunteering
- Call Center: Return donor phone calls that are left on our voicemail system. This is a once-a-week job that can be done from home, and there will typically be 4+ messages per day. Requires reasonable PC skills to utilize web-based call-tracking & pick-up scheduling system, an Internet connection, and good interpersonal skills when dealing with donors.
- Graphic Artist: Help our graphically challenged team create good-looking brochures, signage, etc.
- Fund Raising: Help keep the doors open! Also, conduct furniture or household goods drives.
- Public Relations: Write articles for media, blogs, etc.
- Social Media: Generate and post content on Facebook and Instagram. Reply to comments.
- Volunteer Recruiting
- Board Members: We are always on the lookout for movers and shakers who have good business experience and strong community ties who want to help FSFB expand.
- Other: Tell us about your specialized skills that will benefit us.