REFERRALS AND APPOINTMENTS
- You will need a referral from an approved agency before you can visit our store.
- Your referral is valid for 30 days.
- You are only allowed 1 referral over your lifetime.
- Once you have a referral, you need to schedule an appointment to pick up your items.
- Your agency can do this for you via our website or
- You can do this via our automated text system. To start the process, text SCHEDULE to 774-206-9321.
- Please do not contact Fresh Start to schedule an appointment.
- If you are going to cancel an appointment, you must do so at least 48 hours in advance by:
- Contacting your agency
- Texting DELETE to 774-206-9321.
- If you miss an appointment or cancel less than 48 hours in advance, we will count this against you, and we may close your referral.
- If you miss 2 appointments, we will close your referral.
ABOUT OUR FURNITURE AND OTHER ITEMS
- All of the items that we distribute are free. We distribute gently used furniture and household goods that have been donated to us. We do our best to maintain high-quality standards.
- Please measure your rooms before your appointment so you know what will fit.
- You can view our current inventory by visiting FreshStartFurnitureBank.org/inventory.php. We suggest you do this before visiting so that you have an idea as to what will fit in your rooms.
- Our inventory fluctuates daily, so we cannot guarantee that we will have specific items when you arrive.
- Once an item leaves our store, it cannot be returned or exchanged.
- When you arrive at Fresh Start for your appointment, stop at the main door. Someone will come to your vehicle, check you in, and show you where to park.
- We will provide you with a tablet that will allow you to shop online for the items you need. A Personal Shopper will assist you with selecting items.
- You are only allowed 1 visit, and during that visit, you must select your home goods (linens, dishes, cookware, etc) and furniture. Please bring a vehicle that is large enough to hold all of your items.
- Please be sure to bring a vehicle large enough to take all of the furniture that you need.
- If you are obtaining furniture, we suggest bringing a box truck (i.e. U-Haul) or a pickup truck.
- A pickup truck will greatly limit the number of items that you are allowed to select.
- We do NOT recommend U-Haul vans as they don’t hold very much. A 15′ U-Haul truck holds 3 times more. If you are going to rent a van, try to get a Penske van, as they hold 50% more.
- A 10-foot box truck is probably sufficient for a small studio apartment.
- A 15-foot box truck is a good size for a 1-2 bedroom apartment. It has over 2 times the space of a 10′ truck and only costs $10 more.
- A 17-20 foot truck will handle just about anything and will make loading and unloading much easier.
- The mileage cost is the same for all of the trucks, so get the largest that you can afford.
- Mileage charges for U-Haul are $0.79/mile on weekdays and $0.99/mile on weekends, so consider this if you’re driving a long distance.
- Most rental trucks need to be reserved 3-10 days in advance.
- Truck rentals are much more expensive and difficult to obtain near the end/start of the month.
- Our volunteers will load box trucks and pickup trucks only. You will be responsible for loading cars or vans.
- If you are only obtaining home goods, you can use a car or a van.
- Please remove all unnecessary items from your vehicle to make room for your furniture.
- If you are using an open vehicle (i.e. pickup truck) or wish to use a roof rack, you are responsible for safely securing your items to the vehicle.
- Bring ropes or tie-down straps to secure items.
- Bring tarps if it looks like it might rain or snow.
- If you are bringing a work truck, please remove all tools and materials from the truck so you will have sufficient space.
PICKING UP FURNITURE
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time. If you are late, it will reduce your shopping time.
- Bring as few people as possible..
- In the case of bad weather:
- Check our website (www.FreshStartFurnitureBank.org) to see if we are open.
- We will try to send a text message to you if we are closed.
- You will need to reschedule your appointment if we are closed due to bad weather.
- Fresh Start is located at 16 Brent Drive in Hudson, MA (Look for the New England Infrastructure sign and our A-frame near the top of the hill).
- You can contact us at 508-485-2080 or info@FreshStartFurnitureBank.org if you have any questions.