We're always looking for volunteers. This is a high energy, fast paced, friendly environment where the time will fly.
The following list shows some of our volunteer opportunities. If you see something that interests you, please contact us and we'll discuss what you want to do. Note that training is required as we strive to provide a high quality, consistent shopping environment for our cutomers.
Store jobs needing your help:
- Furniture Repair: Perform high-quality repairs on furniture that needs a little help.
- Store Assistant: Act as a personal shopper for clients. Handle incoming donations. Check clients in. Pack client home-goods.
- Sorter: Process incoming donations. Sort donated linens and home-goods.
- In-store Furniture Mover: Assist customers and donors with loading/unloading their vehicles. Help stage items in the store. Needed every day that the store is open.
- Translators: Assist customers with translation issues. Our major needs are Spanish and Portuguese.
- Call Center: Return donor phone calls which are left on our voicemail system. This is a once a week job which can be done from home and there will typically be 4+ messages per day. Requires reasonable PC skills to utilize web based call-tracking & pick-up scheduling system, an Internet connection and good interpersonal skills when dealing with donors.
- Graphic Artist: Help our graphically challenged team create good looking brochures, signage, etc.
- Fund Raising: Help keep the doors open! Also conduct furniture or household good drives.
- Public Relations: Write articles for media, blogs, etc.
- Social Media: Generate and post content on Facebook and Instagram. Reply to comments.
- Volunteer Recruiting
- Board Members: We are always on the lookout for movers and shakers who have good business experience and strong community ties who want to help FSFB expand.
- Other: Tell us about your specialized skills that will benefit us.