Fresh Start Furniture Bank - Customer Policies
REFERRALS AND APPOINTMENTS
- You must receive a referral from an approved agency before you can visit our store.
- The referral is valid for 30 days
- You are only allowed 1 referral over your lifetime.
- You need to schedule an appointment in order to visit our store. The agency which provided your referral can schedule your appointment.
- Do not contact Fresh Start to schedule an appointment.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time. You may be turned away if you are late.
- If you are going to cancel your appointment, you must do so at least 48 hours in advance.
- If you do not show up for your appointment or if you cancel less than 48 hours in advance, we will count this against you. If you do this 2 times, we will close your referral.
- Please be sure to bring a vehicle large enough to take all of the furniture that you need.
- We recommend that you rent (i.e. U-Haul) or bring a truck.
- A 10 foot truck is probably sufficient for a small apartment
- A 15 foot truck is a good size for most families.
- Vans are very challenging to load and are not recommended.
- Most trucks need to be reserved 3-10 days in advance.
- Truck rentals are much more expensive and difficult to obtain near the beginning of the month.
- Please remove all unnecessary items from your vehicle to make room for your furniture. If you are driving a van, take the seats out to give you more space.
- If you are using an open vehicle (i.e. pickup truck) or if you wish to use a roof rack, you are responsible for safely securing your items to the vehicle.
- Bring ropes or straps to secure items.
- Bring tarps if it looks like it might rain or snow.
- If you are bringing a work truck, please make sure to remove all tools and work materials from the truck so you will have sufficient space.
ABOUT OUR FURNITURE AND OTHER ITEMS
- All of the items that we distribute are free. We distribute gently used furniture and household goods that have been donated to us. We do our best to maintain high quality standards, but please realize that most of the items are not new.
- Our inventory fluctuates daily and we cannot guarantee that we will have specific items.
- Once an item leaves our store, it cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Please measure your rooms so you know what will fit.
- If you do not speak English, bring someone who can interpret for you.
- You are allowed a maximum of 2 visits to our store.
- You can typically obtain everything that you need on your first visit.
- Your second visit is only for items which did not fit in your vehicle on your first visit or were out of stock.
- All of the items that you select must be taken with you on the day that you visit.
- We do not offer a delivery service.
- Our volunteers will help you select your items and help you load your vehicle.
- Do not bring a large group of people with you. For safety reasons, only two people per family will be allowed on the showroom floor.
- We do not recommend bringing children. If you must bring children, they must be closely supervised by a parent or guardian and stay in the waiting area.
- In the case of bad weather:
- Check our web site (www.FreshStartFurnitureBank.org) to see if we are open.
- We will try to send a text message to you if we are closed.
- You will need to reschedule your appointment through your agency if we are closed due to bad weather.
FRESH START FURNITURE BANK
- Fresh Start is located at 16 Brent Drive in Hudson, MA (New England Infrastructure building).
- We are open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 to 12:00 and Saturdays from 9:00 to 12:00
- You can contact us at 508-485-2080 option 5 during store hours if you have any questions.